July 22, 2008

Oh Snap!

Is it just me, or are baby sleepers with all those snaps just annoying? Not only are they a pain to match up the snaps, but you have to do so on a squirmy baby. Seriously, whoever invented them (and keeps making them) must not have children.

At 3 am (when you've already been awake with your baby for 2 hours) who really wants to attempt to figure out what snaps where. And, if you're like me, it drives you nuts not to have it snapped properly. I've tried to just let it go, but it bothers me. Kinda like the colored rings on the bottles not matching the actual bottle, I just can't do that, but that's for another day.

Then when you finally get all the snaps figured out, your lovely baby decides she isn't finished her business and you have to start all over again. And if you're really lucky....you get to do it a third time!

I look high and low for zippered sleepers. I have more in bigger sizes, but for now I am having daily and nightly battles with those dang snaps!

4 comments:

Lewis Family said...

Gowns, Cade lived in sleep gowns for months. (And I didnt even care he was a boy!)

Sally said...

I have a bunch of the lightweight zippered ones, size newborn...but they're pretty obviously boy. If you don't care about that, you're welcome to borrow them.

They are SO much better than the snap ones. I have the gowns, too, but I never liked those because he'd kick his feet out and then it didn't matter if I put him in something that covered his feet or not. He's sleeping in just a onesie now.

I went to Barb's BD tonight -- she kicked my but again!! But, I need it! I might need to go up to the 18 lb bar, at least for a bit.

Anonymous said...

We used drawstring nightgowns. Now they have nightgowns with a loose elastic hem. Now that's a snap!

Serena Shurtz said...

lindsey...the childrens place has them. that is all i buy any more, i hate those snaps!!! they have the lightweight and in season heavier ones in zippers newborn and up. go today lil ,mama, they are a must have!