
Boom! Bang! The sounds of the fireworks light up the sky.
Pitter! Patter! The sounds of Lucy's feet as she races out of her room to find comfort from the loud noises.
Since baseball season started Lucy has been expressing her dislike of the fireworks.
"They are too noisy!"
I was dreading this week, as I know each night right around bedtime the booms begin. As with thunder, Lucy can't stand the noises, and won't stay in bed. With each bang she'll run out to find me, starting the bedtime process all over again.
Last night however was different. Daddy came to the rescue. He had her laying in her room looking out her window watching all the sparkles in the sky saying "They aren't so bad, are they?" Today, all she kept telling me was that she couldn't wait till it was dark and we could watch fireworks again.
I've been telling her for weeks that fireworks are so pretty to watch and they are just a tad noisy, but that it is OK! I guess sometimes us Daddy's girls, just need the reassurance of their fathers!
Thanks Kev for making my week much easier!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment