So we all know and complain about the price of gas. It stinks. It stinks even worse when the pump cuts you off because you reach the credit card limit of $100.
Yep. 100 bucks and Kev's truck still wasn't completely full.
Close, but not quite.
But there is not much I can do about the price of gas. My pain at the pump comes from my daughters.
Lucy hates getting gas. She complains about it from the moment I tell her. Last night the little noise came on telling me that I needed to fill up. She asked what the noise was and when I told her she got irritated.
"I don't want to get gas," is her response, followed by more moaning and groaning. She sounds like that commercial with the little girl and her mom in the grocery store where she keeps saying "I don't like waffles. I don't like broccoli." Lucy could be that girl. She will keep repeating this the entire time, or just ask "is it done yet?" every 5 seconds.
Laney's problem is that she screams the entire time in the car. So the 10 minutes it takes to fill up the truck, is 10 more minutes of Laney screaming in the car. I can try to pacify her, but it doesn't work until she is out of her seat.
So between Lucy's questioning and Laney's screaming are just added pains at the pump for me.
July 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Even Lucy understands how much it takes out of you to get gas. Maybe she is just feeling your pain? Okay, probably not, but it's worth a shot! Sorry about making you cry...this is a Mommy going into depression about KG!
Post a Comment