The forecast called for 4-6 inches of snow. I had to work on Friday so I was keeping my fingers crossed that the weatherman was right so I could sleep in!! The 10 o’clock news stated “USD 266 CLOSED.” I did my happy dance for about 2 minutes until the station said they had erred and USD 266 was open. WHAT????
So I went to bed (with my alarm set) and didn’t really sleep until the 5:30 phone call. YES! School was officially closed! Back to slumberland I went, and Kev let me stay there until I woke up close to 10!!! What a great way to start the day!
We quickly made some plans with friends to head down to the Indian Center where there is actually a hill (yes, we do have a few hills here that are not because of interstate overpasses). The girls had so much fun! Phoenix, in the sled with Lucy, is 9 months older than Lucy and Charley is just 7 months older than Laney. The four of them bring us parents lots of laughs and smiles when we are together (which is quite a bit).
After grabbing a bite to eat with the Hills, we headed home for naps and more play time. Laney got a nap, Lucy got some rest, Ribby got to play in the snow and Kevin and I went to work shoveling. While I will admit that I dislike cold weather, I do enjoy it when it gets me out of work and I LOVE watching my kids have such a great time in it!
No comments:
Post a Comment