I have met some wonderful friends through the step aerobics class I take at the YMCA, and last night we decided that we needed a girl's night. We usually go out for coffee on Saturday mornings after step, but lately it has been hard for us to get together due to kids, sickness, and just life in general. Kristen, is pregnant with her first, and wanted some help registering, so we just made a night of it!Missy (mom of 3 boys), Becky (mom of 4 boys), Kristen, and I all met up to eat at Texas Roadhouse, mainly because of the yummy bread and butter! You can't get enough of that stuff! Even calling ahead, we still had to wait for 30 minutes, but in the end it was worth every minute. After lots of food and much needed adult conversation, we decided we better head over to Babies R Us.
Once there, we were on a mission to make sure that we got Kristen registered for all the stuff every new mom desperately needs. We didn't get too far! We managed a swing, bouncy seat, car seat and snap and go. I think Becky managed to scan a few other things as well! It was great to see all the new stuff out there, and unfortunately, unless we have a boy (find out Mon) I don't need much of anything. Of course, I think you can never have too many strollers or diaper bags :)
It is so great to have found friends that share common interests and are at the same points in their lives as I am. And, after so many years of meeting wonderful people through baseball, it is nice that we all live in the same town! Thanks girls for a great evening!
1 comment:
Ha! I love this! I wrote mine while I waited for the plane, but I just got it posted. Hope to see you at BD tomorrow!
Post a Comment