January 14, 2008

What's Going on

I feel like I haven't done a great job blogging lately, so I guess it's time to update.

  • Lucy told me to come here this morning before I left for the gym. I went over to her and she said "Let me zip your jacket all the way so you don't get cold." I thought that was what I was supposed to do for her!
  • Our house is moving right along. The painters should be done this week, then it is on to the flooring. We are hoping to move in the first week in February.
  • Along with moving, packing is horrendous. I just want to close my eyes and have all of our stuff magically make its way to the new house. Just when I think I've made some progress in a room, I turn around and see MORE stuff. Where does it all come from? And the worse part of all, I haven't even touched any of Lucy's things, and she has more than anyone!
  • And my biggest news and vent all in one. We don't have our sonogram to find out gender of the baby until the 28th!! That is 2 MORE weeks. We went to the doctor on New Year's Eve and just saw the nurse, and I tried my best to persuade her to move up the date, using the ploy of "we're building a house and I need to pick out a paint color for the baby's room." Nurse didn't buy into that, in fact, even said that we probably wouldn't be able to tell if we had the sonogram any earlier. That is SO NOT TRUE!! Lucy was due on 6/26, her sonogram was 1/24 (yes, I checked the date). This one is due 6/14 and the sonogram is 1/28!!! Lucy was due 12 days after this one, and her sonogram was 4 days earlier!!! I just keep telling myself 2 more weeks, but time seems to have slowed to a halt. The one time that I truly want time to fly, and it doesn't!

1 comment:

♥Shally said...

We went to a Fetal Photo place in the mall at 14 weeks-- try and find one. There is no way I would want to wait!