June 5, 2008

I love Lucy

With the impending arrival of Laney, I've been thinking of how I am going to balance being a mom to 2. I'm so used to it being Lucy and I that I'm afraid she'll feel left out. I got to thinking tonight about all the little things I love about her.

1. I love how she says "please" and "thank you" without having to be asked.

2. I love how she recognizes her daddy's name and number when she hears/sees it. She is so proud of him.

3. I love how she tends to her dollies.

4. I love how when she really wants something, she puts her hands together by her cheek and says "please, please, please."

5. I love how excited she is to see me each time I pick her up from somewhere or when I come home.

6. I love how she knows how to work the system to get what she wants. (Have no idea where that comes from)

7. I love it when she comes into our bed each morning when she wakes up, only to snuggle up and go right back to sleep.

8. I love how she can do things on her own, but still likes me to help her.

9. I love watching her grow to be more independent even though it makes me sad.

10. I love to listen to her sing...even if it is Christmas music in the middle of the summer.

11. I love how she puts her hands on her hips when she is trying to prove a point to you or just plain pouting.

12. I love how she looks when she is asleep with her bink in her mouth, even if it is disgusting and falling apart. I just don't have the heart to take it away from her. If I tell her it needs to be thrown away, she says, "but it is my night night bink." Who can argue with that?

13. I love how when Kevin is gone she always asks if she can sleep with me the whole night. The answer is always NO. I would let her if I knew it wouldn't turn into a terrible habit.

14. I love how she dresses up and dances around, even if it 8 different outfits in an hour.

15. I love how she is always wanting to be a helper.

16. I love how she has no fear what-so-ever, even if it terrifies me at times.

17. I love how she remembers and hears everything, though at times it works to my disadvantage.

18. Most importantly, I love that Lucy is Lucy. Plain and simple...she is who she is, and in my eyes she is the absolute best thing ever.

2 comments:

The Daniel Family said...

Lucy has a great mother, and I know that you will absolutely be a great mother to Laney, too! You will figure out the time sharing, the big sister let downs and the all the other fun stuff as it comes...just enjoy every moment!!!! Can't wait for the new arrival to the family!!!

Lewis Family said...

Today is June 9th in Japan, Laney's birthday!! I just wanted to wish you the best of luck and congratulations, I can't wait to see pictures of your sweet addition. Lucy is so lucky to be getting a sister. I loved having a sister, a built in best friend, we are still close to this day. God Bless!!!