Saturday morning I woke up not feeling so well. I had a backache and some lower tummy cramps, but no contractions. I wasn't thinking labor, so I just layed down....ALL DAY. Kevin had to go to a luncheon and I just layed on the couch and was Lucy's baby all day. Finally around 2ish, after turning the air up twice and still freezing, I decided to take my temperature.
It was 100.6. So even knowing the right thing to do I called my mom, who told me to call the nurse, who in turn of told me to go to Labor and Delivery.
Kev was at the ballpark. I called the front office and made someone go find him so I could tell him what was going on. I'm sure that was a scary feeling for him. I NEVER call him at the field!
So, here's a short recap of my visit to Labor and Delivery.
3 hours spent in the observation unit....with no TV, Radio...anything. They took my temperature, 101.8, took a urine sample, blood sample and monitored the baby. Laney's heartbeat, which is normally around 145 bpm, was anywhere from 170-190 on average.
They admitted me to observe overnight....YUCK. Took more blood. Double YUCK. I was hooked up to an IV with antibiotics and baby monitors constantly...very uncomfortable. Got very little sleep Saturday night.
Sunday morning I woke up feeling like a different person. Felt so much better, figured I would be home by dinner time at the latest. WRONG. The on call doc comes in and tells me that I have to stay 24 hours without a fever before they discharge me. My fever had broke around 2-3 am....so that meant another day/night in the hospital. I cried.
I was taken off the baby monitors, except for 20 minutes every 4 hours around noon. Then after they unhooked the IV so I could shower, they never hooked it back up. So for the rest of my visit I was free from machines and feeling great.
They never figured out what caused the fever. Laney is doing great. I'm doing great. I got home around 9 this morning.
Next week at this time, I will be back at the hospital having a baby! It's not fair that I just spent 2 nights there and walked out still pregnant.
June 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I am so sorry Lindsay. Not a fun weekend what so ever. I hate being in the hospital and leaving without Laney I'm sure was hard. So glad you are feeling better. Just a few more hard days... Can't wait for you to post baby girl pics!!
I'm glad you're home, finally. What a not fun weekend.
Hang in there. Go get a massage or pedicure, you deserve it!!! Next week will come before you know it, so SLEEP, SLEEP, SLEEP!!!!
Glad to read you are home and things are going better, next week will be better with Laney's arrival. Hang In There! Lots of Love, Vicki
Post a Comment