June 10, 2008

Laney's Story

After a night of no sleep, Kevin and I arrived at the hospital at 5 am for a scheduled induction. Pitocin started around 6:30 am, and then we waited.

And waited.

And waited. So much for a quick delivery.

Around 1:30 my OB came in to break my water. Contractions became a bit more uncomfortable, but nothing unbearable. I was still only dilated to 4, as I had been since around 11 am.

Then the epidural debate started. Well, it actually started a long time ago. With Lucy, I didn't have time to get the epidural so I was very hesitant (scared) of the whole procedure. Around 2:30 we (Kevin) decided that I might as well go ahead and get it. The doctor came in and was wonderful. I decided that all the pain was in my head. I squeezed Kev's hand harder while he was prepping me than any other time.

My FANTASTIC nurses, checked me around 3:45, I was dilated to 6. They called my FANTASTIC doctor at 3:56 who came straight down from her office. Normally the doc doesn't come that early, but due to Lucy's rapid labor, she decided she should come and just hang out.

Doctor came in to check me, and then the fun began. When she checked me around 4:10 Laney was ready. After only 6 pushes and 8 minutes, Laney James arrived screaming at 4:18.

After she kept us waiting all day long, she decided that she was ready to come out into the world rather quickly. She is doing great, eating and sleeping well. I'm feeling fabulous....just ready to get out of the hospital.

1 comment:

Heather said...

That sounds nice and easy. :) Very envious of you girls who have babies quick and natural. C-sections are awful, the long hospital stay, and the pain after not fun at all. Glad everything went well. She is precious! Congrats! Lucy looks like she is going to be a WONDERFUL big sister!
Heather W.