August 15, 2008

Friday Night Fun

Slides were slid down.

Bouncys were bounced in.

Footprints were printed.


Bubbles were blown.

The moon was pink.

For an August evening in Kansas, tonight was absolutely beautiful. The girls and I headed out back and just hung out for a long time. Laney was content just bouncing in her seat watching Lucy and Ribby chasing bubbles. And each other. Lucy wants to blow bubbles all the time now or have bubbles blown so she can pop them. The way she smiles and cackles at them is just the most adorable thing. The best part of the evening was when Lucy just stopped and looked at the sky and said in such a curious voice, "The moon is pink."

3 comments:

the wrath of khandrea said...

it's a small blogging world, no? even smaller mormon world. sometimes i love it, sometimes it totally freaks me out. but if you're in with shally, you must be alright. :O)
thanks for saying hi.

the wrath of khandrea said...

and i just assumed you were mormon. because shally is. and i am.
but you may not be.

so sorry for making an assumption. my point was just that mormons all know each other, and this seemed to be a typical example of that. unless, of course, you're not mormon. then it doesn't fit my theory at all.

and now i'm totally just hogging your comment space.

sorry.

Sally said...

just for your info...the moon was still pink at 5:30am Saturday morning as Brian drove us to the airport. We're here in beautiful, yet smoggy, OC, and I actually slept good last night. The plane ride went better than I expected, and I found a huge duffel bag we had at home to put the car seat in. All is well! But, I miss my homeys!! and the Y! =)