Pink one in, suck for a minute. Put it down.
White one in, suck for a minute. Put it down.
Pink one in, suck for a minute. Put it down.
Take white one, pop it in, then crawl into bed and go to sleep.
Me, feeling sorry for her because she did just become a big sister and maybe she was feeling some insecurity, went to Babies R Us the next day and replaced her favorite bink. It already has a hole in it, because she chews on it.
Now, that I've admitted that I gave in and let her have the bink again I can get to the purpose of my story.
Tonight she could not find her bink. This is interesting because bink and blanket are usually never more than a few inches from each other. And they are usually in her bed, our bed or on the couch. She only gets those things when she is resting. She has blanket in her bed, but no bink. It's getting late, I start looking around-- under the bed, in her pajama drawer, under the sofa cushions, in the toy box, even in the pantry.
I ask Lucy if she knew where it was. Her response was a long story, something like this:
"I took a nap today with it, then I woke up. Then I watched Noggin, then I played bubbles, then I ate dinner, then we went outside, then I put on my jammies and then I had blanket but I didn't have bink."
I go back into her room and this time I look under her pillow...yep, it's there. And then Lucy starts giggling.
"You found it mom."
"Lucy, did you know it was there?"
More giggling. I took that for a yes. Stinker...trying to get out of going to bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment