Kevin left at 7am Monday for a 13 day road trip.
I just kept thinking...13 days. What am I going to do for 13 days.
I'll tell you what I did for 3 of those days...I packed the girls up and we headed north to Lincoln to be with Kevin for the first stint of his long trip. Lucy had Mom's Day Out till 1:30, so we hit the road around 2:30.
At 3, we hadn't left Valley Center yet...had already had to stop to use the restroom while getting gas, and of course Laney was crying. Hard. And loud.
But, I kept going, by the time I got the highway I was second guessing my spontaneous decision. By 3:15 Lucy was singing along with her headphones, and Laney was asleep.
Fast forward 2 hours later. Laney was crying again, Lucy was trying to sleep and we were just entering Nebraska. Thank goodness for GPS finding us a place to eat. We stopped and ate some yummy Pizza Hut pizza, let Laney get out of her seat for awhile and eat and just relaxed.
The rest of the drive was pretty uneventful. That is until we hit the parking garage. When I pulled in the antenna hit the bar...I honestly had no idea if I was going to make it. Thank goodness an employee was walking by and waved me on in. I held my breath and hit the gas...and cleared it. It honestly is the smallest parking garage, with the tightest turns I've ever experienced. There is a yellow line to follow to make the turns without hitting the cement walls. It is like driving an airplane...I need someone to direct me with those little wands.
Part 2, with pictures will arrive later this week.
August 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ah yes...my lil sis....wands to help you drive...this explains a lot...I can sympathize with the travel after we just experienced 12hrs one way to the beach. Glad my neices are keeping you on your toes! Give them hugs and kisses from Gaga.
You are one brave mama! Please give me pointers on how to drive with a screaming baby in the car!
I STILL need a girls night, but it's so crazy busy right now. What about drinks on Sunday afternoon sometime?? Maybe somewhere with a little more kick than Sonic???
Post a Comment