August 17, 2008

He's Home....finally

4 cities, 20 some hours on a bus, 14 games and 13 days later Kevin is home. FINALLY.

The longest road-trip over the season, or maybe even the century is over. And it was the last road trip of the season :)

I am happy. Laney is happier. Lucy is the happiest.

Lucy has been all about Daddy since he walked in the door after a 10 hour bus ride this morning. She wants Dad to do everything and mom can just take care of Laney. The last few days she has begun getting a tiny attitude, and I think it was because she missed her Dad.

I think the last few days I had begun to get a tiny attitude as well because I missed her Dad. I feel like a giant weight was lifted off my shoulders when he got home. I don't mind him being gone usually...we manage. But after 2 weeks, my house was getting messy, the laundry piling up, the contents of the fridge and pantry shrinking, etc. I am so excited to have a sense of normalcy back!

Kev....we are so happy to have you home!

1 comment:

The Daniel Family said...

I'm glad Kevin is home safe and sound and that your daughter has started to out smart you! Hilarious!!!!!!!!! I needed that laugh!